Join Our Team!
We are looking into hiring a PT/FT therapist, with availability to start in May 2021. Our practice is primarily a day-time practice specializing in professionals working for international development and humanitarian organizations. Therapists must be available to see clients into the early evening at least one day a week.
The ideal candidate would be an independently licensed clinician, with specialized training (in progress or completed) in: Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), or Sensorimotor Psychotherapy or Somatic Experiencing, EMDR/Brainspotting, and 2-3 years of clinical experience. Although the position will begin as a part time (10-12 weekly direct client-hours minimum), the goal is to eventually be a full-time position (20-24 weekly direct client-hours between individual and couples).
Bilingual candidates or those who have prior experience living and/or working abroad are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our practice is primarily a Monday to Saturday, day-time practice that serves busy professionals in the downtown DC area. We value diversity in ourselves and our clients. We also have a soft spot for the humanitarians, artists, creatives, and helping professionals. Our working environment will appeal most strongly to candidates that have initiative, flexibility, are able to learn quickly, and are ambitious but would rather be part of a team than building a practice on their own.
We are a good fit for those clinicians who are very passionate about their craft and are committed to lifelong learning and excellence, in a context of mutual support and collaboration. We learn together in a weekly staff/supervision meeting shaped after principles of deliberate practice.
The Candidate – Who Are You?
You are licensed mental health professional (Ph.D, Psy.D, LICSW, LPC) with a passion for ongoing learning in a collaborative work environment. You have training in insight, attachment-oriented psychotherapy models and incorporate modalities of therapy that are experiential (somatic, emotion-focused, mindfulness, affect oriented, sensorimotor), and have experience working in multicultural environments.
You are comfortable providing experiential, short-term therapy, thinking holistically about their concerns and making appropriate referrals to other services and resources when needed.
As a practice, we strive to reduce stigma about mental health conditions and psychotherapy through psychoeducation, and other forms of individual and group interventions. For this reason, you are willing and excited about using outreach opportunities as a creative outlet.
While we are first and foremost looking for a clinician to join our team, opportunities for supervision and training of graduate students, post-graduate professionals, as well as training opportunities for other mental health professionals will be available as the practice grows in the next year.
Although most of the marketing efforts will be responsibility of our practice, each therapist will also participate in efforts to market themselves through outreach, training and blogging, and networking. Fort this reason, you are comfortable with public speaking and/or writing.
We offer admin support to answering phone calls and emails for potential clients, and onboarding new clients, allowing you to focus on delivery of clinical services and minimal billing duties. As a small team we aim to create an environment of mutual support so that we remain resilient, thrive and grow together.
To promote collaboration and aid personal flexibility we rely heavily on technology to communicate, collaborate and document our work. You must be comfortable navigating and using technology.
Our working environment will appeal most strongly to candidates that have initiative, flexibility, and be able to learn quickly.
Our Ideal candidate will share the following values with our practice:
- Interested in practicing in group private setting as opposed to having your individual practice. We invest in significant amount of training of new clinicians, and support growth of seasoned clinicians. Minimal commitment expected: 2 years with greater time commitment required when practice pays for specialized training.
- Passion about delivering psychological services (therapy, workshops, lectures) to clients and members of the community.
- Passion and expertise in working with diversity as our practice serves a high percentage of international individuals or professionals dedicated to work on behalf of vulnerable communities around the world.
- Excitement about the possibility of using creativity to deliver psychoeducational services and create programs.
- Eagerness to use technology to facilitate administrative work and communication among team members.
- Comfort with delivery of therapy and coaching services through teletherapy platforms, with possibility of delivery of services through hybrid in-person and teletherapy modality.
- Available for weekly staff/case consultation meeting (Wednesdays 9am)
- Commitment to life-long learning through Deliberate Practice model of Expertise building (which includes group consultation, use of video or audio recording, use of client-therapist feedback through administration of outcome measures).
- Willingness to contribute to marketing efforts through presentations and blogging among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site and online therapy services for our clients.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner (same day or by the end of the week at the latest).
- Be properly licensed and abide by licensing board requirements. Licensing in DC, VA, MD would be a plus
- Charge and collect payments at the end of each session.
- Respond to client’s communications, scheduling needs on a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings.
- Other duties as required by Practice Owner/Clinical Director.
This is a W2 (employee) position with the following benefits
- Stipend for CEU’s.
- 1-week paid vacation after first year of employment. 2-week paid vacation second year and forward. 3 week/vacation allowed per year.
- Paid sick leave according to DC labor laws.
- Eligibility for Company matched 401K after one year of employment for full time employees.
- Opportunities for Professional Development.
- Salary is competitive and based on number of clinical hours (session and progress notes) and admin time.
- Opportunity for bonus for blogging and outreach efforts.
- Caseload that supports life-work balance (10-12 part time- 20-24 full time).
- Administrative support for marketing, scheduling, and billing.
- Supportive and warm environment.
- Opportunity for professional growth within the practice.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter (stating your interest, a brief description of your therapy approach, and the type of clients you are passionate to serve) and CV to email@example.com