We are searching for a PT to FT
Interested in working with couples and individuals.
If you are a Spanish Speaking candidate, that would be very exciting for us! We are also interested in clinicians who have a specific niche(s). The candidate will have an employee status (W2).
Our practice is primarily a Monday to Friday, day-time practice that serves busy professionals in the downtown DC area. We value diversity in ourselves and our clients. We also have a soft spot for the humanitarians, artists, creatives, and helping professionals. Our working environment will appeal most strongly to candidates that have initiative, flexibility, are able to learn quickly, and are ambitious but would rather be part of a team than building a practice on their own.
We are a good fit for those clinicians who are very passionate about their craft and are committed to lifelong learning and excellence, in a context of mutual support and collaboration. We learn together in a weekly staff/supervision meeting shaped after principles of deliberate practice.
The ideal candidate would have the following minimum requirements:
- Licensed as a Ph.D., Psy.D, LCSW, LCPC, LMFT.
- Specialized training (in progress or completed) in Couples’ Therapy, AEDP, Somatic Experiencing, or Sensorimotor therapy.
- Therapists must be available to see clients into the early evening at least one day a week. Although the position will begin as a part-time (10 weekly direct client-hours minimum), the goal is to become a full-time position (16-20 weekly direct client-hours between individual and couples) within a year.
- As a practice, we strive to reduce stigma about mental health conditions and psychotherapy through psychoeducation, and community engagement. Our therapists are willing and excited about using their creative power to design and deliver outreach efforts.
The ideal candidate will share the following values with our practice:
- Passion about delivering psychological services (therapy, workshops, lectures) to clients and members of the community.
- Passion and expertise in working with diversity as our practice serve a high percentage of international individuals.
- Excitement about the possibility of using creativity to deliver psychoeducational services and create programs.
- Eagerness to use technology to facilitate administrative work and communication among team members (we use Asana for project management, Electronic Health Records, among others).
- Comfort with the delivery of therapy and coaching services through teletherapy platforms (training provided).
- Available for weekly staff/case consultation meeting on Wednesday mornings (10:00am-11:30am)
- Commitment to life-long learning through Deliberate Practice model of Expertise building (which includes group consultation, use of video or audio recording, use of client-therapist feedback through the administration of outcome measures).
- Willingness to contribute to marketing efforts through presentations and blogging among others.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter (stating your interest, a brief description of your therapy approach, and the type of clients you are passionate to serve) and CV to Dr. Claudia Salazar at email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide on-site therapy services for our clients.
– Complete documentation in a timely manner (same day or by the end of the week at the latest).
– Be properly licensed and abide by licensing board requirements.
– Charge and collect payments at the beginning of each session.
– Respond to client’s communications, scheduling needs in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
– Attend mandatory weekly meetings.
– Other duties as required by Practice/Clinical Director.
This is a W2 (employee) position with the following benefits
- Stipend for CEU’s.
- 1-week paid vacation after the first year.
- Paid sick leave according to DC labor laws.
- Opportunities for Professional Development.
- Salary is competitive and based on a number of clinical hours (session and progress notes).
- Opportunity for a bonus for blogging and outreach efforts.
- Caseload that supports life-work balance.
- Administrative support for marketing, scheduling, and billing.
- Supportive, growth-oriented environment.
- Opportunity for leadership roles within the practice.
- Benefits will be added as the practice grows.